Monday, June 23, 2008

The Lemonade Stand







This is a picture of me and my friends holding a lemonade stand poster, that I made. We did the lemonade stand for the "Alex's Lemonade Stand Weekend" All the money we made we donated to children with cancer. The whole story?








Well, it all started out as I was wondering what service project I should do for that day. Then it turned into the night time when my mom was looking on the K12 website. It's the curriculum we use for our home school. And she came across a link to: " operation lemonade! Take a stand!" She found out that every year, in the summer, kids that are doing the curriculum for k12, put up a lemonade stand , and mail all the money they make to the hospitals with kids with a certain kind of cancer. ( the reason I'm saying " a certain kind of cancer" is because I have no idea how to pronounce the kind of cancer, and if you can't pronounce a word, you simply can not write it.) So she told me the idea and also told me that when you get on there are links to banners, container labels, and also T shirts you can order. I liked the idea and asked her if my two best friends could help me. She said that that was fine with her. I was SO excited! So I told my neighbor, and friends and they liked the idea too. My neighbor helped me allot baking cookies to sell at the lemonade stand. We made snicker doodles, and peanut butter cookies. Then I made chocolate chip cookies at my house. On the day of the lemonade stand, we all met at my house. Then when we were all there, we went inside to make the lemonade. When we were all done loading up the car. Me and my 2 friends went to my neighbor's house to pick up the peanut butter cookies. Then my mom came and picked us up and we all hoped into the trunk of the van and we got to ride in the trunk with the door open! Then we all started singing ''Here comes the sun'' Then this one guy started to stare at us as we drove down the road. It was really funny! Then when we got to the spot where we set up the lemonade stand. Our first customer, was actually one of our ward members grandsons. And they came by , like, 4 times. That helped allot raising all that money! It was allot of fun. We gave out abunch of flyers that told what our cause was. There was some one that came and we gave her the flyer and she read it and then she orderd allot more stuff, and gave us a really great donation. Come to think of it, allot of people gave us five exra bucks after they read our flyer. We raised $68.45!!!! It was a HUGE sucess! And we all had tons of fun!













1 comment:

The Nixons said...

Emma, I love you... you are such a dear!